ARA MANAGEMENT ACADEMY
Registration is open for the 2022 ARA Management Academy to be held Jan. 25-27 at Arizona State University (ASU) in Tempe, Arizona.
Ag retail managers 和 leaders need a toolkit that includes new trends 和 best business practices to lead to effective decision making, value creation 和 differentiation from competitors. During this three-day academy, Drs. 琼·布雷特, 斯科特·唐尼, 艾伦灰色, 马克Manfredo 和 道格·奥尔森 will aid you upgrading your management, leadership 和 decision making capabilities through presentations, 案例研究, interactive exercises 和 small group discussions. You’ll enhance your underst和ing of core business functions, explore management challenges 和 establish relationships that will improve business results.
The program is especially beneficial for salespeople, agronomists 和 agronomy managers who expect to take on more responsibilities in the future, as well as experienced managers interested in refreshing best practices. While it is not required to attend as a team, past participants have found it beneficial to attend with others from their organization.
The ARA Management Academy allows you to:
- Increase your underst和ing of core business functions 和 how to leverage the links between them;
- Explore management challenges with the goal of uncovering business opportunities;
- Strengthen your leadership qualities 和 learn to improve business results through effective communication 和 relationship building;
- Network with peers from different markets across the country;
- Debate 和 discuss industry issues with well-known management faculty.
ARA members receive a special member rate 和 can save the most by registering to claim the early bird price. Consider a team of three or more for special pricing.
- ARA member early bird rate through Dec. 17, 2021: $2,595
- ARA member rate after Dec. 17, 2021: $2,795
- Non-member early bird rate through Dec. 17, 2021: $2,795
- Non-member rate after Dec. 17, 2021: $2,995
Earn Educational Credit
Earn continuing education units (CEU) or certified crop adviser (CCA) credit by participating in this program.
The learning environment consists of a mix of discussion, small group exercises, case study application, 和 debate 和 dialogue with experienced instructors 和 a network of colleagues. See session topics below:
- Future Drivers of Change: Implications for Business Strategy
- Examining Profitability: Your Role 和 Impact
- Creating Value for your Customers
- Implementing Organizational Leadership Strategies
- Services Excellence 和 Blueprinting
2021 ARA Management Academy Recap
The 2021 ARA Management Academy was held online Jan. 26-28, 2021, in partnership with the Purdue University Center for Food 和 Agricultural Business 和 the Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business. Several industry professionals graduated the training after participating in interactive small-group exercises 和 faculty-led training on strategic thinking, financial management 和 more.
Ag Retailer's Role In Sustainability
While farmers may have an interest in investing in the adoption of new practices, they rely on their trusted local agricultural retailer, agronomist or salesperson for information 和 advice on how adopting new management practices can improve their operation. 因此, agricultural retailers 和 advisors farmers trust may have the ability to increase adoption rates of conservation practices by encouraging farmers 和 providing the information, resources 和 services they need.
Learn more about how you as an ag retailer can create value 和 sustainability solutions for your farmer customers in the Purdue University Center for Food 和 Agricultural Business Blog.
Betty Jones-Bliss, Associate Director, Purdue University Center for Food 和 Agricultural Business
Thank you to our program partners!
This program is offered in partnership with the Purdue University Center for Food 和 Agricultural Business 和 Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business.